Types of Deals
The seller may set up different types of deals depending on what you have agreed and wish to accomplish. We list some common deal types below.
|Deal Type||Purpose - Description|
|Auction||Curation - Target inventory that matches buyers needs|
|Private Auction||Targeting - Buyer <> Seller shared identifier|
|Preferred||Priority - Help the buyer win more impressions|
|Guaranteed||Guaranteed - Reserving inventory|
How to work with deals
- Once the deal id is available, add the deal in Supply > Deals
- Manually create a sitelist and add the deal to the sitelist by following the sitelist's "view > edit deals" link. You may add several deals to one sitelist. Also add the sites that are relevant to the deal to the sitelist.
- Or, check "Autosync to sitelist" on the deal to automatically create a sitelist and add the deal to it and any sites that have incoming bid requests with the deal id. Note that sites are automatically added based on yesterday's activity on the deal.
- Follow the "Tags" link on the deal to inspect incoming bid requests on the deal. This is useful to verify that the deal is active at the seller. Note that this statistics is based on yesterday's activity.
- Use the deal sitelist in your bid strategies as usual.
Some sellers support so called "programmatic guaranteed" deals. The idea behind these deals is that the buyer refrains from all types of targeting, and commits to bid and buy each available impression sold.
Campaigns running programmatic guaranteed deals will:
- Run with ASAP priority
- Not be able to use audiences
- Not be able to use filter targets, including any frequency caps
- Not be able to use period schedules or targets
When setting up a campaign to target programmatic guaranteed deal(s) you need to make sure that campaign settings comply with what has been negotiated with the seller. Check each of these settings:
- All needed creative formats are available
- The set max CPM is above the fixed deal price, including any technical fees
- Cycle flight date and targets
- The "All countries" geo target is used
To set up a programmatic guaranteed campaign, follow these steps:
- Set up the deal like any other deal, choose deal type "Programmatic Guaranteed" and check "Auto sync to sitelist". Within a few minutes, a site list with the deal will be created.
- Set up your campaign, choosing "Programmatic Guaranteed" as priority. This will disable all disallowed settings such as audiences and filters.
- Create a bid strategy with the deal site list, using all available creative formats.
To troubleshoot programmatic guaranteed deals, we recommend to inspect campaign Bid Metrics.
NOTE: BidTheatre DSP may refrain from bidding on programmatic guaranteed campaigns in the following scenarios:
- The bid request is from a blocked IP
- The bid request is from a blocked domain
- The publisher id + domain has not previously been seen (allow 24 hours to pass for new publisher id + domains to become available)