Buyers bid, and usual the highest bid wins - paying the price of the second highest bid. How the seller determines the winner is however a black box, with the mission to maximize yield for the seller while at the same time respecting other business decisions. Because of the real time auctions, there are no guarantees about winning a particular impression.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between using BidTheatre DSP and buying from an ad network or media house?
- When is programmatic display buying a good fit for a marketing budget?
- How are prices determined in a real time auction?
- Can I pay per click?
- I'm currently using Google Adwords and GDN. Is using the BidTheatre DSP a good fit for me?
- I've heard that RTB / programmatic means less valuable ad inventory and cheap sites. Is that true?