- Set up the advertiser feed.
- Create dynamic HTML5 creatives.
- Set up the campaign normally.
- Create an audience with the target type "User - Cookie Group Advertiser Feed" with the feed setup in step 1 as the value and assign it as a target to the campaign.
Once everything is setup the following checklist can be used to verify proper operations of a dynamic ad-campaign.
- Verify that the advertiser feed correctly covers most of the product inventory on the site
- Verify that the advertiser feed is synced, and that products are available in the json-file. A link to the json-file is located in the GUI.
- Verify that special characters such as åäö are seen correctly in the json-file.
- Verify that images are seen in the images.json file located at http://cdn.bidtheatre.com/feeds/images.json
- Verify that images are properly downloaded to the server. Based on the directory and imageId fields in images.json mentioned above the product image should appear at a url following this pattern: One real world example of this would be . Note that it could take some time before all images have been downloaded to the server.
- Verify that the cookie group script fires on the advertiser's site by for instance scan the http traffic when visiting the advertiser's site.
The general settings should be to run all retargeting/dynamic ads-campaigns on “all sites” and with as little other targeting as possible (besides the actual retargeting setting of course). Try to get the retargeting pixel out on more sites/pages if the retargeting impression count is low.
For all dynamic ad-cases it’s important to verify that we get the correct matches between the feed and the planned retargeting pages. The best/only way to test that is to visit a page that is planned to be used as a retargeting page and verify that a matching cookie is set in your browser.
To check if you got the cookie set, visit https://www.bidtheatre.com/privacy-tool and verify that the correct products are visible under Data Groups. If product id is 0 you could have found a problem, that means you have visited a page on the site that has the cookie group script but that we wasn’t able to match a specific product to it.