Once everything is setup the following checklist can be used to verify proper operations of a dynamic ad-campaign.
- Verify that the advertiser feed correctly covers most of the product inventory on the site
- Verify that the advertiser feed is synced, and that products are available in the json-file. A link to the json-file is located in the advertiser feed edit view in ASX Admin
- Verify that special characters such as åäö are seen correctly in the json-file.
- Verify that images are seen in the images.json file located at
- Verify that images are properly downloaded to the server. Based on the directory and imageId fields in images.json mentioned above the product image should appear at a url following this pattern: One real world example of this would be . Note that it could take some time before all images have been downloaded to the server.
- Verify that the coockie group script fires on the advertiser's site by for instance scan the http traffic when visiting the advertisers´s site or by generating a Cookie Group Statistics-report in ASX Admin
- Verify that the tracker receives proper calls and is able to deduce referer.
- Do complete test to verify operation.
The general settings should be to run all retargeting/dynamic ads-campaigns on “all sites” and with as little other targeting as possible (besides the actual retargeting setting of course). Try to get the retargeting pixel out on more sites/pages if the retargeting impression count is low.
For all dynamic ad-cases it’s important to verify that we get the correct matches between the feed and the planned retargeting pages. The best/only way to test that is to visit a page that is planned to be used as a retargeting page and verify that a matching cookie is set in your browser.
To check if you got the cookie set, open the “view cookies tool” which can be done in different ways depending on browser, select the domain “adsby.bidtheatre.com”, cookie name “__kbind”. The values found there are all cookiegroup cookies, _ (underscore) is used as separator and the individual values are built up like <cookiegroupId>-<productId>.<timestamp>.<count>. If product id is 0 you could have found a problem, that means you have visited a page on the site that has the cookie group script but that we wasn’t able to match a specific product to it.