BidTheatre is aiming to achieve full GDPR compliancy until the 25th of May. This work is currently ongoing. This article aims to give a brief overview of the various action points and their status.
|General GDPR Documentation||Ongoing|
|IT Security Documentation||Ongoing|
|Appointment of Data Protection Officer||Done|
|Due Diligence of Partners and Clients||Ongoing|
|User Profile Tool||Ongoing|
|Platform Data Processing & Transfer settings||Ongoing|
General GDPR Documentation
This documentation will contain details on:
- What personal data is collected and processed
- BidTheatre's responsibilities
- Data subject transparency and facilitation of access and deletion requests
- Data transfer with third parties
- Partner onboarding and due diligence processes
- Security measures related to handling of personal data
- Data retention policies
- Risk assessments
- Incident handling policies and processes
BidTheatre is performing due diligence with partners that provide personal data that is processed by BidTheatre. These partners will need to agree that they have legal basis for the personal data they are sending BidTheatre.
GDPR is having some implications for the building of user segments by advertisers for e.g. retargeting purposes. BidTheatre estimates that two main action points will be needed to continue to do retargeting or similar user behaviour tracking:
- Advertiser's will need to collect end-user consent to collect personal data for ad targeting purposes. BidTheatre will help describing what constitutes proper consent collection, and aid with phrasing.
- A standard agreement will be set up between BidTheatre and clients were clients agree that they have legal basis for the personal data they are sending BidTheatre. BidTheatre in turn guarantees that any personal data received is handled in a GDPR compliant manner.
BidTheatre expects to start the client due diligence process mid- to late March.
User Profile Tool
The User Profile Tool can be used by end-users to:
- Inspect all personal data that BidTheatre has stored
- Remove all or selected data records
- Export all records to Excel for transfer to another system
- Give or revoke consent to tracking